Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough

I was super excited the other day to look back at my Fall Bucket List and find out that I had completed half the things on the list! Whoo Hooo! Go me! (Virtual pat on the back) When does THAT ever happen? It inspired me to keep going and knock off a few more. Today I made some Fall/Thanksgiving inspired play dough. Pumpkin Pie Play Dough! Yummy! Just don't eat it ok? I figured with all the holiday family drama that is sure to come up in everyone's lives very soon, why not join the kiddos in the play of dough and get a little stress relief? And this recipe smells amazing. It may even have aromatherapy powers.....I'm just sayin'. Even if you don't feel like playing, the kids will love it for sure.

How to:
I used the basic recipe from my Lavender Play Dough post, but then instead of purple food coloring and lavender essential oil, use orange food coloring (or a mix of red and yellow) and threw in a couple dashes of pumpkin pie spice. Once you pour the hot water on it you can smell the yummy smells of the spices. Mmmmm! Its wonderful.

I'll put the recipe here too, so that you don't have to click through a million pages.

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough (Adapted from The Imagination Tree's Lavender Play Dough)
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1-1.5 Cups Boiling Water (try 1 first to see. That may be all you need)
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Glycerin
Orange Food Coloring
2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice

Stir first 3 ingredients together. Then add the oil and mix through. Add boiling hot water and stir until blended well. Add the extra half cup of water if needed. Then add glycerin, food coloring and pumpkin pie spice and knead through with your hands. Store in a large ziplock bag up to a month.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment