1. The Top Drawer (aka the drawer that somehow seems to be covered in blue dried up toothpaste, old contacts and an assortment of floss and fluoride)
* Start out by clearing everything out of the drawer and scrubbing it down. Scrape any toothpaste masterpieces away.
* Sort through and throw away any garbage such as empty floss containers or old yucky toothbrushes. Thank goodness I didn't have of of those in there this time. Then relocate anything that doesn't belong, such as Princess's toothbrush or hairbands and relocate to the correct place.
* Line the drawer with pretty paper. I decided not to use contact paper because I read it can get goopy in humid bathrooms and cleaning that mess out of your drawer can be tricky. That didn't sound fun. So I got my gorgeous paper from Paper Source which has tons of beautiful papers (from around the world) in all styles and designs. The nice thing about it, is that when it gets gross I can just pull it out and toss it.
* Place drawer dividers or different sized containers (to suit your needs) in the drawer. I bought these bamboo ones at Container Store. They came in all different sizes. Clear containers are also a nice option and that way you can see the pretty paper underneath. Make sure when you are at the store to buy a few different sizes, cause you may change your mind about what you want once you get home. I first wanted a "his and hers" compartment on each side of the drawer. But "his" stuff seemed to outnumber mine and didn't fit in the compartment, so he ended up with his stuff directly on the paper. I am already planning to move it around again a little bit, but that's what is great about these things, you can switch them up and change them around as needed. Another thing to remember is to measure your drawers to see what's going to fit. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a standard sized drawer.
* Now that there is a place for everything, put all items back in the drawer where they go!
Done! Here are the Before and After photos:
And here is a picture of the paper underneath, since you can't really see it in the picture!