Friday, November 15, 2013

Fur Gloves

Happy Friday!
So on my last trip to the fabric store to get the fur for my Fur Infinity Scarf, I got a little carried away and got MORE fur to do another furry Winter accessory. Fur gloves! The best part about it, is that the gloves were $1 and the fur was $1. $2 craft? You can't get any better than that. Here is some inspiration. So cozy and cute!

Anthropologie
Trimmed Mazurka Gloves

Nordstrom
Surell Leather Gloves with Faux Fur Cuffs available at #Nordstrom

You will need:
1 pair of gloves (I found mine in one of the dollar bins at Joanne Fabrics, but I bet you could find some at any dollar store too!)
Fur trim (Find it in the ribbons and trim section. I love the "snow leopard" faux fur I found)
Fabric glue
Sewing materials


1. Cut two strips of fur 9X2.5 inches. Sew the two short ends together on each strip.

 
2. Place the fur cuffs around the wrist of the gloves and sew all the way around the top of the cuff. MAKE SURE that you stretch the gloves as you sew, otherwise you won't be able to get your hand through when you're finished. I used my phone to stretch it out while I sewed.

3. Then glue the rest of the cuff on with fabric glue and allow to dry. Again, I used my phone to keep it stretched out while the glue dried.  
And that's it! Now you have a new furry accessory, just in time for the weather to get colder!



I'm so excited for the weekend. Looking forward to having a lot of indoor cozy time. Hope you all can have cozy weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment