Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Jigglers!

Its Friday! So that means its definitely time for a Halloween treat! This is an oldy but a goody and its totally easy. Well, that's what I thought until I found there was like 4 different sets of directions on the box. What the heck!? I'm trying to make Jell-o for crying out loud not a souffle! So, just to make it easy for YOU, I am giving you my own directions. Jigglers simplified.

All I did was....
Boil 2 cups of hot water and mix with one, 3 oz package of Orange Jell-o. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour into a 11X7 or other small baking dish, then place in the refrigerator to set. At least 3 hours. Then get out your Halloween cookie cutters and make Jell-o creatures! Simple as that. This is a great thing to do with any little helpers in your house. Princess loves being able to make "treats" with Momma and I love it too.


Taste testing.



If you're wondering about the outfit change, its because we didn't cut ours out til the next day!

 Ta Da!


Our jigglers minus a pumpkin.

A word about cookie cutters, since we are kind of on the subject....Princess has recently turned into THE. PICKIEST. EATER. And it has been a pain to get her to eat vegetables of any kind. She will pick out every single teeny tiny minuscule piece of green (like chopped herbs. I am rolling my eyes virtually here) or just not eat whatever it is! I seriously drenched her dinner in butter and brown sugar the other night just so she would eat some freaking squash! And I make good food people! We're not talking casseroles every night. And I always make a variety of things too! I guess I can't expect her to be different than my husband and I were at her age. Because we were both like that too. It drives me crazy when she pretend gags on her food! Ergh! Little stinker! Anyway!.... Cookie cutters are great because sometimes (key word here) you can make your kids eat stuff they wouldn't normally eat if they are in the shape of a heart or star or kitty...etc. Princess doesn't like sandwich meats, but if I made her a sandwich that was shaped like a pumpkin, there might be hope. Meatloaf bunnies anyone? My cookie cutter collection is slowly growing and I think they are a great thing to have (especially for parents of young kids) not only for the holidays and cutting cookies, but also the tons of  ways you can use them to get your kids to eat. Anyway. Just thought you all should know.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment