Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Bites

This recipe has been in the family for quite awhile. My mom passed down to me this rad 2 ring rainbow colored recipe booklet some years back and its amazing. Every recipe in it is like 6 ingredients max, and they are all super simple. I tried out many of them back in the day when I was a young, bored teenager. It has some great casseroles too. That's the kind of recipe book it is......casseroles, crock pot wonders and Dr. Pepper cake. So 90's. Anyway, this is one of my very favorite recipes. It's a recipe that makes me want to cry for all those poor people suffering from peanut allergies. They never get to taste this peanuty goodness. (Although the peanut butter can be switched out for almond butter.) Or Reeses...but that's another story. As you can see in the picture below, I also changed the name to something a little more.....ahem. Appropriate. I can hear my brothers laughing.

Here is the original recipe in all its glory.

You will need:
1 Cup Honey
1 Cup Peanut Butter (Almond butter or any other nut butter can be used for people with peanut allergies)
1 Cup Nonfat powdered milk
1/2 Cup Rice Krispies (the recipe says you can use granola or oats, but rice krispies is the only way to go)
1.Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. A rubber spatula works best for mixing. 

Spoon out onto a wax lined baking sheet and either refrigerate (as the original suggests) or freeze. 
I like to freeze mine because you can eat them straight out of the freezer like that and they last longer. Freeze them first on the cookie sheet, then once frozen you can throw them all into a ziplock bag for smaller storage space. You may hate me for showing you this recipe.....sorry! But you're welcome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment