Friday, May 24, 2013

Buttermilk Pancakes

We've had a sick baby the last few days. In fact, I wouldn't have posted the last few days, had I not pre-written the posts... Sneaky, I know. One thing that I feel like is always necessary when someone in the family is sick, is comfort food. I'm not even sick and I have felt like its been necessary. We had pizza two nights ago, pancakes yesterday morning for breakfast, meatloaf for dinner last night and pancakes again this morning. Comfy! Like, I need to work out twice today comfy. Haha. I love breakfast foods. There are not many breakfasts that I don't like. Whenever Princess always asks for a "treat" after breakfast, I always say, "That WAS a treat!" I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes for Buttermilk Pancakes....just in time for the long weekend. Seriously, these are so yummy.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3 Tbls. Sugar
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Cups low fat or fat free Buttermilk
1 Tbls. melted Butter
1 Egg
(I also feel like its mandatory to have a side of sausage or bacon with these as well)

Mix all dry ingredients together with a fork.

Slightly beat the egg and then add egg, buttermilk and butter to the dry ingredients.

Pour batter onto nonstick pan and cook about 3 minutes per side on medium to medium low. Watch for the bubbles to appear before flipping.

See the bubbles?
Makes about 8 decent sized pancakes. Serve warm with butter, syrup or anything your heart desires!


The buttermilk makes these so tangy! In a really good, interesting way.
Deliciousness!
Hope everyone is healthy and happy and that you all have a relaxing 3 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment