You will need:
An old stinky nuk strap
Brand new grosgrain ribbon, 1 inch wide (If you don't know what grosgrain ribbon is, its that ribbon with ridges on it. A lady at the store can help you as well)
A basic sewing kit or sewing machine
2. Use a seam ripper and take the velcro off the strap. You could also use new velcro, I just didn't have any.
3. Cut about 12 inches of the new grosgrain ribbon.
4. Sew on the metal hook part onto one end of the ribbon.
5. About 6 inches from that same end, sew on one of the pieces of velcro.
6. Fold over the other end and sew closed. Then use your lighter and burn the edges of the ribbon so that they don't fray.
7. Then sew the second piece of velco on the very end. (Use the old Nuk strap as your pattern. It will show you about how far to space the velcro).
8. Then you're done!
|Ready for hookup.|
|I think she likes it.|
Such an easy fix and I love that you can pick out your own ribbon. Peanut has a second nuk strap that I think I will do it to, but it doesn't have any velcro....so I will have to get some. I only wish that there was some where to find the metal hook part so that I could make a whole bunch! Baby shower presents or something. I will have to look at the fabric store the next time I'm there. There probably is. Those stores are always surprising me.