Friday, October 4, 2013

Easy Pumpkin Garland

Yesterday I told you how I needed to fluff up our Halloween decor collection with some new things. It's just a little sad this year. I started out by making a few garlands. We do have one paper garland that is extremely old (from my time) and frankly I don't know how its still in such good shape. But I figured I needed to make a few fabric ones so that we had some that will last longer. I mean, the paper one has done well, but who am I kidding? Its bound to be ripped any year now. Especially with the little ones "helping". Here is how to make an easy pumpkin garland for your Halloween decorating.

You will need:
Black grossgrain ribbon (Or any sturdy black ribbon)
Orange, Green and black felt
Minimal drawing and tracing skills
Tacky Glue or Fabric Glue
Scissors

1. Draw a basic pumpkin on a piece of paper and cut it out to use as your stencil. Cut out 4 pumpkins using the orange felt.
2. Cut out eyes, noses and mouths from the black felt and pumpkin stems from the green felt. Just freehand these. The more imperfect the better. That's the beauty of home made! Glue together using tacky glue or fabric glue. Elmer's will not work, FYI.
 3. Glue your finished pumpkins onto your grossgrain ribbon. Let dry and then hang!

 So simple and so cute........Looks like a child made it but whatever!

Hope this gets everyone in the mood for Halloween decorating! Come back next week to see more Halloween decor DIYs and our finished decorated house! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment