Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Toddler Girl Spring Capsule

Hi everyone!
Is anyone else suffering from Daylight Savings happening? Usually it only messes with our kid's schedules (and moods), but for whatever reason, I have been struggling this week. I'm SO tired! And coffee just doesn't cut it! Then all of the sudden it's dinner time and I'm like, "Wait! It's still light out!?". Anyway, I am really excited for this post today because it is something different for me and I hope you will really enjoy it and maybe even find it useful.

I love the idea of capsules because:
A. They simplify your wardrobe and force you to use things that you have.
B. It shows you how to put outfits together and seeing it all laid out shows you that you actually DO have something to wear.
C. It cuts down on laundry. (Hey anything to help with that right?)
D. Everything goes together and you can mix and match.

I have three daughters and I do my best to pass down their clothes and re-use them for the next child, but I have found that it often happens that once my second daughter gets through with them, they are so trashed, I have to buy new clothes. I like that a capsule consolidates what you really need so that I am not buying a ton of extra stuff that in the end will not get much use. So, while I am by no means a strict "capsule-er" I like to use the idea for those reasons. This Spring capsule wardrobe for toddler girls was really fun to create and I hope you enjoy! Most of the items that I listed are from Old Navy and Gap; both of which are having a big 40% off sale today, so if you want to buy anything you see, hurry and grab it today!




To create this capsule, I tried to keep with the same color palette, so that everything will go together nicely and so that it will be easy to throw in fun, pretty pieces like florals and pinks. I really love the soft pinks that are in for Spring and I especially loved creating this for my 2 year old, because it is basically the same color scheme I used when I was putting together a layette for her. It just seemed fitting that these were the colors I chose, because they are "her" colors.

Pieces in this capsule:
Coats: Military green jacket, cream cardigan and denim jacket. Neutral colors that go with everything.

Long Sleeved Shirts: 5 different tops in varying colors that all stay in the same color palette.

Short Sleeved Shirts: 5 different tops in varying colors that are all in the same color palette.

Pants: Military green pants (I love this color and I am always shocked by how much they go with), basic denim jeans, soft blue gingham skinnies, soft joggers (for cozy days/playdates) and white skinnies (a perfect color for Spring).

Short bottoms: Cream skirt, green shorts (again, they go with everything) and denim shorts. I didn't choose too many short pieces because Spring can still be pretty cold here in the Northwest.

Dresses: Soft pink dress (this color is very trendy this Spring), striped dress (Its always good to have a few striped pieces, they are so versatile!) and a chambray romper (I always go a little overboard with chambray, it's just such a great neutral!).

Shoes: Brown Mary Janes, Neutral tennis shoes/ sneakers, brown booties, rain boots (because April showers!)

Accessories: Sunnies, headband, bows. Not essential, just fun!

You can shop all the pieces I put together by clicking on the links below:

Green Jacket 1. Cream Sweater 2. Denim Jacket 3. Sunnies 4. Headband 5. Bow 6. Chambray Long Sleeved 7. Light pink Long Sleeved 8. Ivory Long Sleeved (Sold Out, so I linked a similar one) 9.
Pink Ruffle Sweatshirt 10. Gray Long Sleeved (Sold Out, so I linked a similar one) 11. Ivory Short Sleeved 12. Floral Sleeveless 13. Chambray Short Sleeved 14. Polka Dot Blue Short Sleeved 15.
Light Blue Striped Short Sleeved 16. Green Pants (Not as good as the ones I have pictured, but an option) 17. Basic Jeans 18. Gingham Pants 19. Striped Joggers 20. White Jeans 21. Cream Skirt 22.
Green Shorts 23. Denim Shorts 24. Brown Boots 25. Rain Boots (Another style, same brand) 26.
Sneakers 27. Mary Janes 28. Pink Dress 29. Striped Dress 30. Romper 31. 

I decided that I will also post pictures on Instagram of my little 2 year old, Everly, whenever I dress her in pieces from the Spring capsule so that you can see the outfits put together. I thought it could be a fun way to keep this going. So follow me on Instagram and stay tuned. I will use the hashtags #toddlergirlspringcapsule and #everlygrayson so you can always search those tags as well to see anything that I've posted. Have a great rest of your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment