Friday, March 16, 2018

Spring In The Living Room

It's finally Friday! YAY! Okay, who wants to come babysit my kids so that I can go back to sleep because they are out of school today.... Anyone? Just kidding I actually love it when I get extra days with them. I feel like I never get to spend enough time with them and they are growing WAY too fast! I mean, I will still be sucking down "mommy's sippy cup" by the end of the day while listening to our 2 year old scream in the corner about something she can't do and watching one of the older ones sprinkle paper shreds all over the kitchen and the other one take a million toys sets out at once. But, you know, it's all good and I do adore them.
I have been continuing to put little bits of Spring decorations up around the house and today I wanted to show you our living room.









Notice anything different in here? I recently painted the tile that surrounded the fireplace and I am loving the change. It may be a temporary solution, but it is so nice not to have that ugly blue tile that was there. The same ugly blue tile that was in the kitchen and still resides above my desk....I'm working on thinking of an idea of how to get rid of it there. Stay tuned for that.



My oldest, Sienna said it looks like a forest in here and I was like, you know what? I like that. After all we practically had a Christmas tree forest in here for Christmas so I love having some fresh new green life in here for Spring.







I kept with a green, white and neutral palette and how cute are these white bunnies I picked up in the Target dollar spot? You can never have too many bunnies in my opinion. So sweet for Easter.







We recently picked up this antique typewriter from this amazing second hand home store in Seattle and it was such a cool find. It is special to me because I have always loved writing. I know it will be with us for a long time. I really wish I could figure out how to actually use it. Typewriter font is so unique and there is something so fun about the "click", "click", "click" of really pressing down on those keys. I have a hard time keeping little hands away from it though!



That fern print was another one of my Hobby Lobby finds! I told you, I am loving the ferns! If you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that I painted this little cabinet beside the fireplace so that it matches the mantle and now it looks so much better in this room. This little nook was such an awkward space, but it's amazing how much just painting the cabinet changed it. I am loving the greenhouse vibe that is has right now.



I took down the little gallery wall I had here above the green chair and replaced it with these two galvanized hanging containers on either side of our entertainment center. I just kind of had the itch to switch it up for something new and I like the symmetry that these add to the room.





Hope you all have a wonderful start to your weekend! I will be taking a blog break for the weekend, but I hope to be back by Monday, so make sure to check back next week for some more Spring décor and some other fun projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment