Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spring Entryway

Spring is in the air! Can you feel it? I swear two weeks ago I was just itching for it to snow again and I was completely content with the daily rain. I never really have a problem with the rain here in Seattle. It might have something to do with me being a homebody, but I love the rain. It's so cozy. As long as I don't have to be out running errands in it, I'm really fine to just curl up at home and listen to it pour. But after a weekend trip to Santa Barbara with my hubby and just getting that little taste of the sunshine and warmer weather, it made me so excited for Spring! I have been spying little teeny tiny buds of green starting to sprout here and there outside, so it really is coming! I promise! I switched up our entry a little bit and gave it a little Spring refresh and I thought I would show you how it looks.



The girls and I were at Target recently and we spotted this cute black and white pillow. I was thinking hard about it, but before I could say anything, Scarlett said we needed it. So naturally, I listened to her.





I also added these cream rugs from World Market and I love how they cozy up the space. Only our kitchen and entry have hardwoods, but I sorta wish (ok, I REALLY wish) that our whole house had hardwoods so that I could have some fun with rugs. They really add something to a space and I feel like rugs are not something that people think about a lot.





I got this side table from Amazon after I spotted a similar one on Liz Marie Blog. I love how this space that was basically just an odd wall is becoming a fun, cozy spot that we can use on a daily basis.









There is a Hearth and Hand wreath just like this fern one I made here. I just have such a hard time spending money on décor when I know I can make it for cheaper. The supplies to make it ended up being about half the price of the ready made one. Even if you're not crafty at all, this was super easy to make. I just got one of those grapevine wreaths from Michaels and some faux fern sprigs and stuck the sprigs straight into the wreath. That's really it. I didn't even glue them in, which is great because then I can re-use the grapevine wreath when I feel the need to switch it up.



All this space really needed was a little bit of greenery to make it feel like Spring. I am really into ferns right now. I have been using real and faux ones all over lately; they are just such a unique looking plant. And so far, I have managed to keep the real ones alive!



Then if you look up from this spot, you can see the new "farmhouse" sign I picked up on my first trip to our NEW Hobby Lobby in Issaquah. That store is so amazing; I don't know how I lived without it this long. We may not really live in a farmhouse (we actually live in Suburbia) but a girl can dream! And I love this little spot for it. It's like it was meant to be there.



I hope you enjoyed this little mini tour of our Spring Entry and I hope you have a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment