Thursday, March 15, 2018

Dining Room Spring Tablescape

Happy Thursday friends! Who's excited for the weekend? I personally plan on getting some sleep. And, no, don't think I get to actually sleep in on the weekends (a little maybe). There is always a little voice yelling, "Mamma!!! Mamma!!!" wanting me to come get her out of her crib. Or, "Mom I'm hungry, can you get me some cereal?" when they know perfectly well how to get themselves some freaking cereal. And really, how come DADDY never gets asked to get the cereal? I am sure he makes like the most amazing bowl of cereal ever! He probably even throws in some extra marshmallows in there....I'm just sayin'.
I have been playing around with Spring décor this week and thought I would show you the dining room tablescape I created for Spring. And guess what? More ferns! I think they are officially my theme for this Spring. That and bunnies. But that's mostly because of Easter and because bunnies are the freakin' cute. Have you seen the new Peter Rabbit movie? I was dying with laughter at the music choices and how adorable the bunnies were. Like uncontrollable laughter.









There's my ferns! This centerpiece is so tall, that I wouldn't keep it here if we had guests over and we were eating in here, but it is such a fun statement piece. And really dining rooms are for the fancy stuff. And homework too.....Does your family do that too? Use the dining room for guests and homework? We have such a small table in our kitchen that if we have even one more person over we usually end up eating in here and we have the kids eat in the kitchen. I love that it makes the room look so grand with the chandelier and demijohn together.







I didn't get a the greatest picture of them, but even my napkin rings are ferns! They were a gift from my husband for our last anniversary, which I think was year of bronze. I love them so much.





I kept it pretty simple in here like I did in the entry and just used worked with the basic neutrals in the room and added a little bit of greenery here and there.









I picked up these faux antique chocolate bunny molds at Michaels and I am so in love with them! They look just like the real thing. I love when you can just find a remake of an antique (that is well made of course) instead of having to search all over the place for it. I love to go antique-ing, but it is really hard to find the time for it. And the biggest antique store near to me recently closed down, so I am on the hunt for the next best place to find treasures. Anyone know of anything close to Snoqualmie that has tons of good stuff?

Hope you are all off to a good start to your day. My girls don't have school tomorrow so I am looking forward to at least the attempt to sleep in and some quality time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment