You will need:
Wood or Cardboard Letters (purchased from craft store)
Scotch tape or glue
Felt and embroidery floss for embellishments (Optional)
1. Tape one end of yarn to the back of your letter.
2. Then start wrapping the yarn around the top of the letter so you get that part covered before moving on. Try to keep the direction of the yarn as uniform as possible. You may need to unwind and redo it a few times before you get the hang of it. But basically you wrap one direction, then you wrap another direction to cover it and make it all uniform to make it LOOK like its all going the same direction. Confusing?
3. Finish it off by taping or gluing the end to the back of the letter. I just taped mine. Then snip the yarn.
Some letters are easier than others. The O was really easy and the E was really hard.
But with a little patience, you can do it!
4. Repeat with all of the letters.
5. If you want, you can add a little flower, button or other embellishment to add a little something extra to one of the letters. But they look just as cute without!
Place on a mantle, dresser, windowsill. Wherever!