Monday, January 27, 2014

5 Minute Valentine Jars

I know, I know. Valentine's is still a few weeks away. But I have been thinking about doing Valentine's stuff since, well.....Christmas. So I decided, "You know what? Screw it! I'm doing Valentine's and I don't care what anyone says!". My husband and I are going to be out of town on Valentine's too, so I'm feeling a little guilty about not being with the girls that day. So we are going to do our celebrating a few days early. We started our decorating the other day. You can imagine Princess was pretty excited about all the red, pink and hearts coming out of our Valentine's decoration box. As you have probably noticed, I like to add a few more things to my holiday decoration collection with each new holiday that comes around. That way you can build the collection gradually. These Valentine Jars are so simple and you may have even seen them before. They are great because you can use them as decoration or fill with some cookies or candy for an easy gift! And the best part? They maybe take less than 5 minutes.

You will need:
Mason Jars
White doilies
Red construction paper
Red and white baker's twine
Scotch tape


1. Start by cutting out some hearts. You can use a heart cookie cutter for this. Or just use the grade school trick of folding the paper in half and cutting out a half heart. Works every time!

2. Layer your heart against the white doilie and secure with scotch tape. Then tape on the front of the mason jar.


3. Wrap some baker's twine around a few times (the less perfect the better) and tie in a bow.

There you go! Cute and simple decor (or gift wrap) for Valentine's day! You can fill the jars with flowers or branches from the yard for a little something extra, but they look adorable just as they are. It doesn't get any easier than this!


1 comment: