Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wee People Look Alike #2

Back in September, I started the Wee People Look Alike Series, in which I would take outfits from the original Wee People line (from the brand Free People) and make/assemble a copycat version of it. Because as some of you may know, there no longer IS a Wee People line. And I think the mothers and daughters of the world have been robbed! You can see Wee People Look Alike #1 here. Today I'm excited to show you the Wee People Look Alike #2! I've been working on all of them at once, so its taken me awhile to get even one put together. But here it is! I've named this one, The Little Scot.

Here is what I put together.
Doesn't she look like a little Scottish girl? I love that I was able to use some of my soft cozy flannel for her skirt. Its a nice fabric to have for a little girl who insists on wearing skirts in the middle of Winter.
 Stay tuned tomorrow for the bubble skirt tutorial.
 Princess is always up for trying on a new skirt, so she was pretty excited to model for this project.
 As you can see.
The colors ended up being a little darker than the original, but I like the way they turned out. The dark colors are so very cozy Winter. The Wee People version is actually a dress, but I thought I would change it up a bit and make it a skirt and shirt combo. Princess has an abundance of dresses!

Boots: Old Navy
Black tights: Children's Place
Skirt: Made my me! Tutorial will be posted tomorrow.
Shirt: Baby Gap
Sweater: Nextdirect.com

Hope you all enjoyed Wee People Look Alike #2!


No comments:

Post a Comment