Friday, January 10, 2014

Dress-Up Rack

Happy Friday Friends!
I thought I would show you one last fun present that the girls got from "Santa" this past Christmas. It's too cool not to share. We had been having storage issues for all of the pink and purple...and pink princess dresses and skirts. Most of the time it all ended up stuffed into a corner of their playroom. I knew a solution had to be found. Then I found the perfect thing....on Pinterest. A Dress-Up Rack. You can find the original instructions here. I decided to change the colors to make it a bit more our style and then we made it a little taller than the one in the tutorial also. But the rest is the same. I can't really take credit for this one. I just found the idea and instructions and then handed it over to the husband.....er....I mean Santa. Who did an amazing job! I wanted to give it more of a rustic look, so instead of painting the base blue, we sanded and stained it a gorgeous wood color, then we painted the piping a beautiful copper color. I love copper so much. I have had a can of copper spray paint just waiting to be used for something fun and I was so excited to finally use it. The cool thing about this project is that you can make it in just about any combination of colors. You could even make an adult sized clothes rack for some fun extra storage in your room. All you need to do is change the measurements. Anyway. Here is what Santa and his elves made for the girls this Christmas.


See what I mean about the purple and pink? Yikes!



Talk about cool storage! I want one too!


Here you can get a better look at it without all the stuff on it.


They seem to enjoy using it as a stage also.

 Oh my little girl. I can't get enough of her cuteness.


Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment