Thursday, August 15, 2013

Relaxing Bath Recipes

Hope everyone is enjoying DIY Beauty Week! I am loving that its forcing me to do things for myself that I never make the time to do otherwise! Princess and I painted our nails to match in the spirit of the week. Robin's egg blue! I love that she is old enough for painted nails now. I swear I tried maybe six months ago and she promptly sucked off the polish! That's right....she ate it. It was super funny this time because even after her nails were dry she didn't want to touch anything because she was so afraid of smudging them. Such a princess.
The adorable pudgy hands that I hope never disappear!


Has anyone tried the Lavender / Chamomile Body Scrub yet? I absolutely love it. I think I will be making it a lot. My arms already (after 2 uses) are so much smoother and I love the consistency of the scrub. I have a hard time finding exfoliating scrubs that I like. Some are too thick, some are too small of grains. I think this one is perfect. And the smell from the lavender and chamomile is lovely!

Today I have a couple recipes to share with you for your next relaxing spa-like bath!
This first bath recipe is so simple (ingredients you may have already) and is great for dry, dehydrated, sunburned (good timing right?) or otherwise damaged skin.

Honey Cream Bath (from Stephanie Tourles Organic Body Care Recipes I highly recommend!)
Ingredients:
1 Cup of heavy cream or half and half (organic is preferred)
1/2 Cup raw honey (organic is preferred)
Directions:
While bath is running, pour in cream and honey. Swish around the water to mix in. Relax and enjoy for 20-30 mins.

Here is another similar version of the recipe if you want something a little different.

Cream Rosewater Bath
Ingredients:
1 Cup coconut milk
1/2 Cup rosewater
Directions: Add to bath while water is running. Relax 20-30 mins.

This recipe is especially good for itchy, rashy skin or for sensitive skin types.

Lavender Bath Salts (from Organic Body Care Recipes)
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Baking soda
1/2 Cup Sea salt
Lavender, Chamomile, Rose or Calendula essential oil (Your choice!)
Directions:
Add baking soda and salt to the bath while the water is running. Add essential oil of choice when the tub is full. You can mix together a few batches of the baking soda and salt and store in an airtight container up to 6 months. Keep essential oils separate until use. Soak 20-30 mins.

There are tons of ways to upgrade your bath using simple ingredients.
*Wrap some dried flowers (such as lavender, chamomile, rose etc.) in a small piece of cheesecloth and place in the bath like tea. :) This is good for about 10 uses.
* Honey, Milk, Essential oils, plain Epsom salts, Oatmeal are all great add ins for the bath to help soften skin. 
*Dont forget to burn some beeswax candles. It makes baths 10 times more relaxing, I swear!
If you want to find more DIY beauty recipes, I highly recommend, Stephanie Tourles Organic Body Care Recipes, and Sophie Uliano's  Do It Gorgeously.  Pinterest is always a good source as well, except testing may be necessary for some of those.

Take some time for yourself this week and try out some of these great recipes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment