Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fabric Wrapped Hangers

Good morning friends! Today I have a super, fantastic, amazing, FREE craft. And.....you probably have all the items in your home right now (It won't quite be free if you don't have all the supplies, but it will still be cheap!). So what are you waiting for? I have been a little busy bee lately, working on redo-ing my laundry room and I am really excited to show it to you all. I just have a few more finishing touches in the works so you'll have to wait on seeing that for a few days; but until then I have a craft to show you that I did as one of the finishing touches. These fabric wrapped hangers are so easy and cute. I made them so that I can hang wet laundry in the laundry room, but they would also be perfect for your closet! Its such an easy upgrade! So shabby chic! Now if only I had the patience to wrap every single hanger in my closet.....

You will need:
Plastic hangers
Long strips of fabric (about 1.5-2 inches wide)
Craft glue or fabric glue
Scissors

 First start by glueing the inside of one strip of fabric.

 Then start wrapping the fabric around the hanger at an angle.
Then continue to wrap and glue, wrap and glue until it is all covered (Note: I broke off those tiny little hooks on the inside of the hanger, so they wouldn't be in the way. They just snap right off). You will need to do a little tucking and adjusting to get the end to finish just right. You should aim to finish at the top of the hanger. If your strip of fabric is not long enough, don't worry. Just finish it off with glue and then start another piece right over it. I maybe used 5 or 6 strips of fabric per hanger.
Let dry and voila! Beautiful customized hangers for your closet or laundry room!



Psst! You'll be seeing this room soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment