I will be trying out the recipes in the evenings so I will be able to give you feedback on the recipes the following day and let you know how well they work.
Starting from the top.....Hair!
Pear is supposed to be great for your scalp, as it has sugar compounds that moisturize and nourish. This recipe can be used once a week, to improve the health of your hair. The darker the pear you can find, the better, as the darker ones will contain more anti-oxidants.
Pear Hair Mask (From Whole Living Magazine)
1 Pear (the darker the better) chopped up into chunks
2 Tbls. Apple cider vinegar
2 Cups of water
Pour ingredients into a blender or food processor, then strain out the solids. Use the liquid after shampooing your hair and before conditioning. Massage the entire mixture into your hair. Rinse well.
Random hair care tips:
1. Another great thing for your hair is......beer! Try pouring on an amber or darker colored beer between shampooing and conditioning. It will make hair shine! Don't hesitate to drink any extra. ;)
2. Try not to shampoo your hair every time you shower (I have a hard time with this one). Your hair doesn't need it that frequently, as the shampoo can strip your hair leaving it dry. Your hair needs those natural oils to be healthy. If you are like me and like your hair feeling squeaky clean, try to go every other day without shampooing. On days that you don't shampoo, you should still use conditioner, but only on the ends of your hair.
3. Brush hair from bottom to top to reduce breakage and split ends.
4. Don't wring hair dry with a towel. This will damage hair and give you that terrible frizz or short pieces of hair on top of your head. Gently dab hair with a towel to dry and either air dry or use a hair dryer.
5. Massage is a great way to stimulate the hair follicles and promote growth and healthy strands. Maybe take turns with your honey and give head massages!
Tonight I will be trying out the recipe and I will let you all know the results tomorrow. In the meantime, join me for DIY Beauty Week and take the time to treat yourself to a homemade beauty treatment every day this week! Enjoy!