Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Berry-licious Face Mask

Does everyone have gorgeous soft locks this morning? I know I do! I was so excited to do the Pear Hair Mask yesterday, it motivated me to push through my afternoon workout so that I could treat myself! If anything else, it was definitely fun. I don't know how often I will do it, because you do have to take the time to blend it up and then strain it. Note: I was in a rush, so I didn't strain it very well.....you might want to take the extra time to strain it WELL, so that you don't end up with pear chunks in your ears! The one thing I will say, is that it takes a lot of coordination to pour it on your head and massage your head at the same time. :) But the recipe makes a lot, so you have a pretty good chance of getting SOME on there. My hair didn't feel drastically softer, but it was definitely softer and my hair had more body to it for sure. My natural waves came out a bit, which I love! If I could remember and I had the time to do it every week (and if I had a pear), I would for sure do it to just get that extra boost of softness.

Today's Beauty DIY is for....... our gorgeous faces!
By now, everyone knows that berries are good for you because they are filled with wonderful anti-oxidants that can help prevent cancer, memory loss, heart disease, aging (my personal favorite) and so much more! But what some of you probably didn't know is that you can reap the healthy benefits by using berries on your skin! Skin is the body's largest organ and it absorbs EVERYTHING (unfortunately). What better way to get glowing skin than by using one of nature's most amazing gifts?! Another miracle ingredient in this face mask is honey. It also has many amazing benefits; so many that scientists haven't figured them all out yet. Did you know that the ancient Egyptians used it like Neosporin for wounds and to "preserve" the bodies of their kings and queens? People even found a buried jar of honey that was centuries old and found that it was still good! Honey has been found to exfoliate, promote tissue growth and seal in moisture. If you don't have any berries laying around, just plain honey as a face mask can work wonders!


Berry-licious Face Mask (From Whole Living Magazine)
2 Tbls. Plain Yogurt
2 Tbls. Honey (raw and organic is preferred)
1/4 Cup Mixed Berries (organic is preferred)
1 Tbls. Lemon Juice

In a blender or food processor combine yogurt and honey until mixed well. Add the berries and mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and mix until just combined.
Apply to clean, dry face and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse completely with warm water and pat dry.
Bask in your glowing beauty!

Random facial skin care tips:
1. Always wash your face in lukewarm water. Water that is too hot or too cold can cause broken capillaries.
2. Exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week. It aids in skin regeneration and overall health. A simple facial scrub recipe is one part brown sugar, one part coconut oil (organic).
3. If you use sunscreen nowhere else, use it on your face! Your face is the first place to show age, so keep it protected!
4. Beautiful skin comes from the inside out. Drink tons of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies and your skin will show it.

This face mask couldn't have come at a better time because my face is crazy broken out right now! I don't know what it wants from me! I'll try it out tonight and let you know how it goes in the morning. I highly suggest that if any of you are doing it too, to take a nice relaxing bath as well. Maybe some candles.....its Beauty Week hooray!!!


2 comments:

  1. I so need to do this. My poor face is never sunscreened, never exfoliated, and pretty much treated terribly. Haha! Oh dear. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet somehow your skin always looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete