Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mini Birdhouses

Good morning friends!
Little by little, I have been trying to grow my decor collection with neutral pieces that can change seasonally, be usable in different rooms in the house and for more than one holiday, etc. So I am always on the lookout for things like that. These little birdhouses that I made fit right into that category and they are so easy to make. They are a fun little add-in piece for Spring decorating, but they can also be used for Summer, Christmas decorating, placed in the bathroom or hey, even in the garden. How cute would they be on the potting bench? I don't have a potting bench, but if I did, these would be so cute there.

You will need:
Mini birdhouses (found at Micheal's for $1)
Light wood stain (or brown craft paint)
Moss
Hot glue gun
Paint brush


1. Start by cutting off the string from the top of the birdhouse. You won't be able to see the top when we are finished so don't worry about getting the whole thing out.


2. Stain the house(s). Carefully! I once got stain all over my clothes when I was closing the can, so be very careful and if possible, do outside or in the garage.


And once again, don't worry about staining the top, because you won't see it in the end.

3. Use your hot glue gun to apply moss to the top of the houses. Cover the roof(s) completely.


4. Allow to dry; then you are done!


Aren't they cute!?





That's all for today. I hope to get a few more posts out before we leave for Palm Springs/Disneyland on Thursday! I am so excited! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment