Monday, March 23, 2015

Baby #3 Gender Reveal

Hi Friends! If any of you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know what the sex of our baby is, but I figured if anyone didn't know, it would be fun to show you how we told the girls!  I really wanted to do a gender reveal party for this baby (since I have never done one before. They weren't really around pre-Pinterest), but my husband said that if we did one, everyone would know that it was a boy and if we didn't do one, everyone would know it was a girl. Poo! Party Pooper! So consequently we just didn't do one. But I decided that we at least had to make it fun for the girls, so here is how we told them.

I got the biggest box I could find at Home Depot and decorated it with a "boy" side and a "girl" side and filled it with either pink or blue balloons according to what the sex of the baby is. Obviously blue=boy and pink=girl. Then we brought the girls in and explained the color code then told them to open the box and SURPRISE!




 ITS A.........

GIRL! Another girl! I have to say, I was a little sad about not getting a boy this time, (and after the initial flurry of balloons, Princess said, "But I wanted a boy!") but I am getting used to the fact now and getting excited about the preparations for this new little princess to arrive. Since there will be 3 of them and I want them to all be together in the same room, there will be quite a bit of room re-arranging in the next few months. That means lots more room reveals and fun craft projects to come!




 They were probably more excited about playing with balloons than the actual news.


Have a wonderful rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment