You will need:
Heavy Duty Foil
Hot glue gun
1. Start by crumpling up the foil and shaping it into a cone/tree shape. There is no real perfect method, just keep adding foil and smooshing it until you get the shape and height you want.
2. Cut a square of plain muslin and glue it around the tree form with hot glue to cover it. Make sure no foil is showing. Trim any excess muslin.
3. Then make a super duper LONG ruffle (for the tallest tree my strip of fabric was like 150 inches long, pre-ruching) and starting from the base of the tree, start glueing it around the tree.
4. Work your way all the way around the tree from bottom to top.
5. When you get to the top, fold over the fabric, glue down and cut off any excess. Note: If you run out of ruffle before you get to the top, don't worry, just make another ruffle and continue where you left off. You will hardly notice.
Done! Now if you want you can make more trees in varying sizes and fabrics. So cute!