Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Home Tour 2014

Good morning friends! I am about a week behind in posts and I will try and get caught up if I can. I got really sick the weekend of Thanksgiving (I think I just wore myself too thin. Remember chicken with its head cut off?) and am just now finally feeling normal again. But I did get my house all decorated for Christmas finally and wanted to share photos of it with you today! Ready for the Christmas Home Tour!? Grab a cup of coffee or tea, get cozy and start your Christmas dreaming!

Let's start on the front porch.

Here is our Lola snoozing on my new Christmas pillows. I believe she thinks they are there for her. She is so cute and fluffy, I don't really mind. She has become our "greeter cat" and greets everyone who comes to our house. Lil' fluff ball.






Ready to go inside? Come on in!


The front entry.

We bought a bunch of white poinsettias for Princess's school fundraiser and they have been a really great elegant touch for our Christmas decorating. I have a bunch actually right now, because I am holding onto some for a friend, so it is extra poinsettia-y in our house right now.


My Ruffle Trees from last year and a new chalkboard sign I made.


Christmas pillows for the bench.




Step in a little further and you will be in the kitchen.




Our home feels like such a Christmas home this year. I am so in love.








My gingerbread house keeps loosing all of it's frosting! It just keeps falling off and I have no idea why! The littles have wasted no time in figuring it out and come over repeatedly to snatch up the fallen pieces to nibble on. So sneaky. It will be bare by Christmas I am sure.

A little hot cocoa station with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, candy canes and walnuts (In case you need something substantial with all that sweetness).




It kind of looks like a greenhouse over by the kitchen sink with all of the herbs and paperwhites growing. If I timed it right, I should have blooming paperwhites for Christmas!



Some birthday flowers from my husband. I just recently made it through the big 30!

Another new Christmas sign for the kitchen.

Then I went pretty simple on the chalkboard sign for the kitchen.


I just love our beautiful advent calendar from Pottery Barn. Everyone always asks if I made it! No way! It's way too pretty to be homemade!


The view from the kitchen of the living room. I am trying to gradually have all golds, greens and whites in there. It takes a few years though, because I can't exactly throw everything out and buy brand new stuff. So, little by little its getting there. I am very happy with how rustic it feels in there this year.



Our beautiful fluffy tree. Last year we loved the tree we got from a local tree lot so much, that we had to go back and get one there again this year.

And you probably spotted it. I have been trying to keep it a secret until I do the before and after posts, but I couldn't not show it all decorated! We got new shelving and a new TV in the spring for this room and it has made all the difference in the world!  The shelves have been so much fun to decorate. I will try and get a good before and after post done for you guys someday.


"Elf" hiding on one of the shelves.






And here is where the old TV used to reside. It has been a fun little niche to experiment with.

Princess's gingerbread house.

Peanut's gingerbread house.

Christmases past.


I made a (completely free!) star decoration using some sticks from the yard and tied it together with some gold twine I had. I think it fits in perfectly with the rustic theme I have going.

I am very happy with the way my mantle turned out this Christmas.


Our growing nutcracker collection.


Princess has been talking about a star for the tree all year, so she was very excited that she got to be the one to put it on the tree.

Our little deer friends.

I have been playing around with the dining room table setting. I still don't have it finished, but have gotten a start anyways. I made a new ruffle tree and two yarn trees to go with the creams and golds in this room.

Every time I go into the dining room, it seems that someone has re-arranged the nativity scene. I wonder who? So funny, because I am sure I did that as a kid too.




Let's go upstairs now, shall we?




At the top of the landing, we have our little Christmas village set up. The girl's just love it and they ooh and ahh when the lights are on in the town. Christmas is so magical.




And then the downstairs powder room got a little dose of Christmas decorating as well. And don't know if you noticed, but it also got a fresh new coat of paint! Before and afters for that will hopefully be coming soon as well.


That's all for today. I have a few finishing touches to do for the girl's room and playroom and then I will show you those too. Hope this has inspired your Christmas decorating or at least put you in the Christmas spirit! Have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment