Thursday, October 23, 2014

Paperwhites

Good morning and Happy Thursday! Hope you are all having a good week. I am working on a few projects today, so I won't be able to give you a big post, but I wanted to stop by real quickly and show you what I believe to be a miracle. My Paperwhites have bloomed! I am really not that great at growing things. My garden gets a little better each year, but it's by no means "high yielding". I think I have more of a brownish thumb than a green one, so I was so excited and surprised when these took off and bloomed recently. I can't believe they grew! Paperwhites also known as Narcissus papyraceus are commonly grown indoors and people like to grow them around Christmas. They have a beautiful smell, which I didn't know about until I started smelling this lovely scent in the kitchen. Its fragrance is similar to gardenia or jasmine. I didn't really believe that they were so easy to grow, so I thought I would try them out early and see if I could get them to grow. Since they did, (beautifully) I will have to get some more to grow for Christmas!








Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment