Friday, October 3, 2014

Mirror For The Mantle

Happy Friday!
If anyone guessed that the new surprize piece for the mantle was a mirror, you guessed right! We finally got a mirror for our mantle! I am so excited. I just want to sit and look at it.....for hours. It is SO pretty! This Thanksgiving we will have been in this house 3 years and this room has just screamed for a mirror above the mantle. I think the last owners had a TV there, but I don't really like the TV to be the main focus of the room, so I wasn't gonna let that idea fly. But, mirrors are expensive, so we just put off buying one forever. But then, I found this gorgeous mirror on Joss and Main that was actually affordable! Magical. And now here it is. Our glorious, beautiful mirror. Ugh! I just love it!

Oh wait, first here are some before pictures from our mantle's early days....Just so you can get the full effect.

BEFORE:
Sad.

Sad. I almost forgot about those speakers...Yuck.

Sad.

AFTER:
aaaaaAAAAHHH! Isn't it gorgeous! It fits the room so well.


 I am so in love. And I can't WAIT to decorate it for Christmas!

Side view.

 Other side view.

It makes the room so complete and I feel like now the mantle can really be a focal point for the room, instead of this boring empty space. And bonus! It covered up one of those horrible outlets that were in the wall. There is one kind of peeking out still, but my husband suggested we just paint it the color of the wall. Um, seriously!? Why hadn't I thought of that before? And why hadn't he suggested it? Brilliant. That's why I keep him around...

This weekend we are headed to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins and we are pulling down the Halloween decorations. Oh and that reminds me, I've gotta harvest our garden! Princess keeps randomly bringing me carrots that she pulls out, so I know I will have a little helper or two. Look for those posts next week and have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment