Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fall in the Playroom

Hello!
So I decided to go a little Fall crazy and decorate the girl's playroom. Totally impractical, I know. I am sure they will destroy it as soon as they set foot in there. But it was fun anyways. Really fun. I think it's because I didn't feel as pressured for it to be perfect, because it was just the playroom. Anyway, I think it turned out really cute. 
I got this floral fabric from the store a week or two ago and didn't really know what I was going to do with it. It was just too cute to pass up. Then I decided it was perfect for a "Fall" tablecloth for the girl's play table. Then I made up a simple burlap runner to go on top.


These little wreaths on the back of the chairs are super easy and cheap. Just thread some cute ribbon through a small grapevine wreath (which I believe were less than $1 each) and attach to the chair. Perfectly "Fall". 

Their little kitchen. Ready for some Fall baking. Homemade popcorn balls anyone?







Oh, the chalkboard wall. I don't write things on it nearly enough. It's really fun though. I love being able to write things on it for the different seasons and holidays (and obviously the girl's love it too). I just don't have the best handwriting, nor am I the best artist. So consequently most of the time its a black chalky wall. But it looks cool like that too.

I found this little poem somewhere online and thought it was so cute and fitting for Fall.


The girl's Fall harvest. Onions, carrots, lettuce, asparagus and radishes.

I pulled this guy out of our stuffed animal storage bin. I have had him since I was about 12 when I bought him at a local drugstore. Morris the Moose. I thought he was the perfect "Fall" animal.

I got the buckets, stool and "give thanks" sign all at Michael's. It was all on sale and that was basically what inspired me to decorate the playroom. It was all just so cute! Michael's. Get's me every time!


I didn't show all of the playroom because it is another one of my project rooms and I am working on a few big projects before I show you before and afters of it. I want to get our dining room finished before Thanksgiving though, so the playroom will probably be pushed back awhile. But it will happen some day! That I know for sure.


That's all for today. Hope now you are inspired to have some fun with your Fall decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment