Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thanksgiving Table

Hi Friends! Hope your week is going well.
I meant to have this post out earlier in the week, but life got kind of crazy for us. Thanksgiving is next week, can you believe it? Yikes! Where did November go?
We are not hosting Thanksgiving this year, but I wanted to show you guys how I usually decorate our table for Thanksgiving. I like to use a bunch of pumpkins and gourds (and this year pomegranates) and then tuck some seeded eucalyptus in here and there. It is such an easy way to decorate and the best part is the items used are all things you can get at your local grocery store.



I like to add in an antler or two for a bit of extra interest. You could also try feathers or dried decorative corn.



I used both real and fake pumpkins and gourds in here. My pumpkins from Halloween were getting a little too smushy for it. I wanted to have this cranberry and sage color theme throughout the house this Thanksgiving, but it really just ended up being in the dining room. I really love the color palette.



With the centerpiece as the main focal point, I kept the rest pretty simple and used my white round plates, IKEA woven chargers and classic farmhouse style napkins. I got the napkin rings from my husband for our anniversary and they are so pretty. They are actually bronze casted ferns. Each one was made from an original fern. Kinda cool.



You might have noticed we have a new chandelier in here! Isn't she a beauty? I love it so much. If we ever move, it's coming with us. We kept the old light that was in here, just so that we can bring this one with us when we go. I will NOT part with it. EVER. It is so gorgeous by itself, but I usually hang these gray cardboard leaves on the light in here.





And here is the new sideboard that we got that you may have seen already in my Instastories. I have been working on painting it and it has proven to be a pain in the....you know what. I have used chalk paint many times before on furniture that I have painted, but I thought I would try out milk paint this time around because I had heard that is is way better. I don't know if it was the color I chose or the milk paint or the piece of furniture itself, but it was not working. Then I went back to chalk paint because I figured I could just stick to what I know. Well, then the oils of the sideboard started bleeding through the chalk paint....AHHH! Even with 2 coats on and it turned the piece brownish. UGH! So now I am back to square one and have to go back and sand it and start all over again. I know some of you are probably thinking, "Well you should have sanded it in the first place!". But listen. I have never had an issue before by not sanding first. I don't have the time (or patience) for sanding!



Once I get it finished though, I think it will look really good in here. The room already has so many dark colors from the paint color and the dark table and bench that it really needed something lighter to add some contrast. This room is so close to being "finished" in my mind, so I am hoping that in a few weeks I can show you some before and after pictures of it. It has come a long way from the folding tables we had in here. ;)







Hope this gave you some inspiration for your Thanksgiving table! If you want to see more you can go check out my table from a previous year, which is the same idea, but different colors. Click HERE to see. I really like the way my napkins were that year too. If I were hosting this year, I would totally do that again. Then if you need inspiration for a kids table, click HERE.
How are you decorating your Thanksgiving Table this year? I would love to hear your ideas! Leave me a comment below. Enjoy the rest of your day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment