Monday, November 20, 2017

Master Bedroom Reveal

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving week!
We have been so busy with projects around the house lately, and there are so many ideas swirling around in my head that I am hoping I will get to show you a lot of fun things happening around here in the next few weeks. It's that busy time of year coming up, but I am going to try and give you plenty of Christmas decor inspiration and hopefully a few reveals coming up. We recently finished our master bedroom (minus one project) and I thought I would take you through today and give you some Before and Afters.

Here it is BEFORE:



As you can see the room color was terrible. This is right before we painted it a couple years ago. I think it was New Year's weekend two years ago. So our youngest was maybe 3 months old and still sleeping in our room. Sniff sniff.
Just painting it made such a huge difference. It's amazing what a little paint can do.





We had all different furniture in here from all different places and times in our life, that it was really time to get a more unified look.



There's my adorable project helper.



Here it is AFTER:



The master bedroom is on the smaller side as master bedrooms go, (although in our last rental house it was smaller, so this was definitely an upgrade) so we didn't have a whole lot of space to work with. I didn't want to have so much furniture in here that it just felt crowded. So my husband and I got these matching 3 drawer dressers this year from Pottery Barn and were able to pair down and get all of our clothing either in here or our closet which connects to the master bathroom.

I'm not one to want all matching furniture, but I did want it to be symmetrical in here and cohesive.





These darn dressers took MONTHS to get to us and one got completely lost during shipping. Later we came to find out it was because they were shipping from Texas, right during all of the hurricane Harvey stuff this year.



The crown that I wore on our wedding day. It has broken a few times from kids and kitties playing with it, but I managed to put it back together with some jewelry wire. I love it so much. I took down a lot of the art and pictures in our room as I really wanted a fresh start, but I am sure that eventually all the walls will be loaded up with pictures again.



I am still looking for some blue accent pillows to go on the bed. I just haven't been able to find any that I really like.



I have never thought of myself as a blue person, but it is finding its way into our home more and more lately. I love how it looks with a pop of copper.





Then there's this chair....the furniture love of my life. My husband gave it to me as an anniversary present earlier this year and I LOVE it! I don't think he realized until then that furniture is the way to my heart. I remember seeing a chair like this in a department store years ago and vowing then and there that one day I would have one. These "Balloon Chairs" are designed after French 16th century chairs that were actually used by servants. SERVANTS! Can you believe that? They are so magnificent and they were used by servants! We call it my "Queen Chair". The day I got it, I risked my life dragging it upstairs by myself, because I was too excited to wait for my husband to come home and help me. Needless to say I survived, it survived and we all lived happily ever after.



If you haven't guessed, this is the side of the room where we still have one project to do. We are going to ditch the child killer of a TV and switch to a mounted flat screen and the rest I will let be a surprise. So you'll have to come back and see!



This sign is one of my favorites as well. My father and I danced to "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty at my wedding, so it holds a special place in my heart. This sign was made by Between You and Me. You can find their amazing shop on Etsy.com





I didn't have a pillow for this chair but felt like it kind of needed one, so I actually just grabbed this one that had been in our side yard. It needed a little wash, but I figured I won't be using it outside for awhile now.



I have something planned for that corner of the room as well, but you will just have to stay tuned to find out.





I decided to keep my husband's dresser pretty clean and simple, partly because he's a guy and doesn't want all the decor and partly because I knew that inevitably it would fill up with his own "stuff". He always has little things like change, receipts etc., that he's emptying out of his pockets so I try and give him little bowls or plates to drop his "stuff" around the house so that there's not as many piles of clutter.





I always like to show the the Before and After's again at the same angle (or as close to the same as I can) so that you can really see the change. Here they are.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



BEFORE:



AFTER:



BEFORE:



AFTER:



BEFORE:



AFTER:



BEFORE:



AFTER:



That's it for our master bedroom reveal! Hope you enjoyed seeing the transformation as much as I did! I've put all sources below so you can find pretty much anything used in the room and if I forgot anything you can go ahead and leave a comment below and I will get back to you. Have a great rest of your day!

Sources:
Paint Color: Gentle Rain by BEHR
Dressers: Pottery Barn
Lamps and shades: Target
Faux greenery: IKEA
Birchwood vase: Molkbaks
Gray and white catchall bowl: Target
Headboard: Joss and Main
Bedding: Pottery Barn
White Faux Fur Pillows: I made
Art above bed: Bought at an auction
White teapot: HomeGoods
Faux Flowers: Micheals
Curtains: I can't remember. It might have been Wayfair. They were cheap!
Curtain Rods: Joann Fabrics
Chair: The Mine
Knit blanket with fur: HomeGoods
White Pillow: Target
Gold Tray: World Market
Books: Vintage
Blue Napkin: Pier1
Copper Teapot: HomeGoods
Narwhal and Jackalope Teacups: Anthropolgie

1 comment: