You will need:
Colored felt in reds, pinks and whites
Embroidery thread in assorted colors
Large embroidery needle
A small amount of fluff
1. Start by drawing a stencil for the envelope. Google if you have trouble, but its not too hard. Test the paper and fold it to make sure it works ok.
2. Then using the stencil you just made, cut out an envelope out of felt, in the color of your choice.
3. Fold in the bottom and the sides and using your embroidery thread stitch around the bottom in an upside down "V". This will hold the envelope together.
4. If you want, sew a button on the envelope to keep it closed. But it can close just fine without. Then I just cut a little slit to go over the button.
5. Stitch on the "stamp" and then the "address". It helps if you write on the words with a black pen first so see where you need to stitch. It just makes the stitching a little nicer.
Done! These took me about 2 hours from start to finish for each one. A perfect nap time project.