Friday, April 3, 2015

Bunny Art

Happy Good Friday everyone! Are you ready for Easter? Princess has been talking about it non-stop and making up songs about "Easter time". (We are finally over "Heart Day"! Yay!) Yesterday she made up a song about Easter to the tune, "Farmer in the dell". It is too precious. I think this will be a really special Easter for our family. And I hope it will be for your families as well. I did get a chance to do a fun little Easter project before we headed out of town so I wanted to show that to you today. If you have a chance to stop by the craft store, this project doesn't take that long and you can have it done by the end of the day! I wanted to add a little "art" to our Easter decorations this year and one thing I noticed we are missing is bigger pieces like art or wall hanging pieces. So I thought these Easter bunny silhouettes would be a fun little addition.

You will need:
Plain canvases (Mine were about 8X11)
Craft paint (in colors of choice)
Paint brushes
Cotton balls (optional)
Pencil
Bunny stencils or free-hand bunny drawings. (If I had a printer, I would have just printed off a bunny silhouette and used that as my stencil, but I don't have one right now, so I just free-handed some bunnies and hoped they didn't look totally deformed.)


1. With a light pencil, use your stencil (either a real stencil, drawing cut-out or printed silhouette cut out) to trace the bunnies onto the canvas or canvases.


2. In the paint color of your choice (I used a light blue and light tan color) paint all around the bunny outline, making sure to get the edges of the canvas as well. Do 2 coats.

 Allow to dry.

3. If desired, add a cotton ball "bunny tail" to your art. I think I just used my hot glue gun because it was out, but Elmer's glue should work just fine.
Done! Place somewhere fun! On the mantle, in a child's bedroom....I put one in our kitchen hutch and then other on our front entryway table.




I'm pretty happy with the way this blue one turned out. It actually looks like a bunny!




Have a wonderful and blessed Good Friday and Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment