Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fall Front Porch - Two Ways

So I had this idea for our front porch this year that I had been holding onto for like a year that I got from Country Living magazine. Here is the page I ripped out from the magazine hanging on my bulletin board.



Cute, right? I loved how simple and cute it was. But when I finally got it all put together on our porch, I wasn't really feeling it. I don't know if it was because our house is not white like in the picture or that it wasn't exactly the same or what, but once I set it up, I just didn't like it. Here are pictures of what it looked like.









So I left it up for like a week and when I still didn't like it, I decided to start all over again. I switched out the red apples in the wreath for white pumpkins and added some faux greenery for a little drama. Then I took away the pears and apples (which I felt kind of clashed with our new house paint color) and replaced them with some of my favorite colored pumpkins. I love the white pumpkins of course and those light green ones are pretty much made for me.....I mean look at them, they match my front door! Then I went to the nursery and picked out some mums for a little bit of Fall color. This purple-y color of mums are some of my favorite and I think they actually go well with the colors I ended up going with and the house color.



I love this look much better and I am so glad I decided to switch it out. What do you think?





My neighbor caught me a few times taking pictures of the house and I think at this point, she thinks I'm a total crazy....."Why the heck does she keep taking pictures of her front porch?".







These planters on the right have gotten such a cool aged look over the years, but unfortunately I think we need to replace them next Spring. When the painters moved them, the entire bottoms fell off. It's a miracle all the dirt and plants didn't fall out too.



I got these cute galvanized buckets at an antique shop and I love how they look with the mums planted in them. Like really. So cute!









Anyway, that's our front porch decorated two different ways for Fall. I love what we ended up with. Which way do you like best? The traditional Fall colors or neutrals? As always, shoot me a comment or question any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment