Monday, December 17, 2018

Girl's Christmas Playroom

One of the main reasons why I decorate and create is because I want to make life magical for our three little girls. I want them to look back on their Christmases with happy nostalgia. The outside world can get ugly, but I want them to always know that they will always have a safe, beautiful home to come to. So although decorating the playroom may seem silly, I am happy and eager to do it. I may joke that I cant live without the playroom, because its nice to have some place to send the kids when they get crazy, but I also like that they can have this one place that's their own. A special place made for dreaming and imagining.







I picked up these cute mint green boots at the Target dollar spot and I love them as Christmas décor, but I also feel like I will be able to use these year round in here.



Oh the teepee! I usually have a lot of questions on this teepee whenever I post a picture of it on Instagram and I hate to say it, but I made it. I know. I'm sorry. But when something is so expensive and I think hey, "I can make that for way cheaper." I usually end up doing it. Sometimes it ends up being more expensive, but sometimes the quality ends up being better than what I would have purchased and sometimes I end up making something and its a total fail. If you don't try you never know! There are many great options out there though if you are looking to buy one.



 I kind of went a little crazy with the fairy lights in here. But they're so good!


Just so that you know....the playroom is NEVER this clean! Most of the time, I can't even open the door to get in. It really only ever gets cleaned if I decide to do a photo shoot in here.



Posie didn't want to miss a little photoshoot either.



I recently made over the girls kitchen set and added some wrapping paper to the back to change the look a bit. I was originally looking at removable wallpaper, but it was too expensive for such a tiny spot. The nice thing is that the wrapping paper is just as easy to switch out if I get tired of it. Looking at all the great options for removable wallpaper made me want to find places to put in the rest of the house! There are SO many cute options out there.




I also painted this three tiered basket tower gold to blend in better with the colors of the room.


Last year I found a similar wreath to this on Terrain and I had to re-create it. I put some more fairy lights in and a candle. Remotes are great for these!



Another thing we added to the room was this white shelf above the kitchen set. I wanted to have some more display space, but I think it also helps to make this side of the room look more finished.




On this side of the room I just put a little chair and some more fairy lights. I have been wanting to change the gallery wall out, but I haven't decided on what to do yet. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe some hooks for dress-up dresses for a mini mudroom look? Or maybe a French inspired bench?




That concludes our playroom tour. Hope you are having a great start to your week! Can you believe Christmas is a week away!?

No comments:

Post a Comment