Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Fall Wreath

Happy Fall everyone! AHH! We can finally say it's Fall! Sweaters, boots, warm spicy coffee, pumpkins and boozy warm drinks, (not to mention lovely extra pounds brought on by delicious baked goods!) YES! You all are probably cringing at the pouring down rain we have had here in Seattle, but I am soaking it up. Literally. I LOVE it! I don't wear a hood or use an umbrella cause I'm cool like that. I love it. I am a born and bred Seattle girl and there's no taking that away from me!!!! I have been so excited about Fall this year. Summer, just lasted WAY too long, and you know what? I like seasons in their place. So sunshine and 70 degrees in September....you are not welcome here. I am done with you. Goodbye. I would like to turn my seat warmer on, thank you very much. And hello Fall! I have so many projects on my brain right now, I feel like it's going to explode. I have been a woman obsessed lately. I found this new blog that I will probably gush about later, because she is just so freaking amazing, but she has put the interior design bug in me and I can't get it out! All I can think about lately is what things to do to which rooms and what paint colors and what pieces to add....I have actually had a few nights where I woke up, because I was dreaming about it and then couldn't go back to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about all the things I wanted to do! I don't know if it's because Princess has started school and I feel like I have more time on my hands or because Fall is here and calling me to cozy up to home projects, but whatever it is.....I'm back! Stayed tuned, because it's gonna be an amazing rest of the year here at PPD!   

Last night, I poured a few glasses of wine and got working on a new Fall wreath for our front door. I originally planned on using the one from last year, (which you can see here) but I wanted to do something a little more elegant this year. After a little bit of experimentation and begging the hubby for his opinion, I think the end result turned out really pretty. Here is me, experimenting...

Option A.

Option B.

 Anyone want to vote on it? Well you can't. Here is what I decided on.



I am loving how simple, natural and pretty it is.



And one last. :)
Happy Fall everyone! Stay tuned for many more posts, projects and home decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment