Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

Hope everyone has been staying warm! With this last big storm that blew through our area, it seems that everyone around us was losing power! We are lucky that we have not, because we do at least once every Winter. We pretty much count on it. Princess didn't have school yesterday because they were without power (which, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited about). Anyway. We carved our pumpkins last night! Halloween is almost here, 3 days away. Which reminds me, I need to get Peanut's costume put together. Most of it is done, I just haven't actually tried it on her! Better get going. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of our night of carving, because it is so hard to take good quality ones at night, but here are a few.

When I asked Peanut what she wanted to carve on her pumpkin she said without hesitation, "A Pider!" So, I found the cutest spider I could find (because come on, we don't want to freak a 2 year old out) and Daddy carved it out for her. Poor thing, she is still a little too small to do much on pumpkin carving night, but she got to sit up on a stool like a big kid and watch. 

Princess decided on a witch for her pumpkin and she even sketched her own design on the pumpkin before Daddy went to work. Mama has pretty much zero drawing skills, so the designs and carving are left up to Daddy for the most part. How he managed to scoop out and carve 3 pumpkins before I even did my one, is beyond me. Those stupid little carving knives are ridiculous! I was huffing and puffing the whole time with frustration. I swear I break at least one every year. I had to run out to the store to get a new pack of them and the blades on those ones seemed backwards to me. I was sawing away forever!

He even drew on the design for my pumpkin. Such a stud. What would I do without his artistic abilities?

Here are the finished products!
Daddy: Gru and Minion, Mommy: Owl (Next year I swear I'm doing triangles!), Princess: Witch and Peanut: Spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment