Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins

Has anyone else had that Fall baking itch come on? I have. It's like as soon as Fall arrives I get this uncontrollable desire to bake anything and everything. And it doesn't matter what the weather is like apparently because I still have felt the urge and its been 70 degrees and sunny every. freaking. day. Ugh. So annoying. Yesterday seemed like the perfect day to whip out the aprons and make something delicious. Being October, I thought it was only fitting that we make something with pumpkin in it. Princess was my little helper and I have to say, she is getting to the point where she actually helps a little! Guess we'll be doing a lot more baking together. Yay! Last year I made a bunch of these Pumpkin Cake Cookies, but I wanted to try something different this year, so off to Foodgawker I went and found this scrumptious recipe from the Peaches and Cream food blog. You can see the recipe here. If you want something pumpkin-y but you're not quite feeling this recipe, head on over to Foodgawker and enter "pumpkin" in the search. You will find tons of amazing recipes with pumpkin; from dinners, to desserts, to drinks.

Here's how our batch turned out. I could have sworn I had some Fall-ish paper muffins cups, but couldn't find them. So we used these pink floral ones...and one Christmas one.

So yummy! Since this recipe is nut free it makes it a perfect snack for me to pop in Princess's lunch box.

 Or a cozy afternoon treat paired with some Earl Grey Tea.

Yum! What's that you see in the middle? That's right, cream cheese frosting. We don't mess around.

This one just refused to smile for me. Lil' stinker.

This is the face of, "Mom, stop taking pictures of me. You are driving me crazy! Let's bake already!"

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment