Friday, September 26, 2014

New Couch Pillows

Good morning friends and happy Friday!
Back in March I recovered our huge couch (which you can see here) and have just now finally made new pillow covers for it! I knew exactly what colors of fabric I wanted (lavenders and sage green) and you will not believe how hard it was to find the right kind of sage green! It also didn't help that every time I went to the fabric store with the girls, they would both melt down as soon as I got started really looking. Anyway, 6 months later, the couch finally has some new color. I like that I was able to keep the colors soft and not overpowering, while still keeping to the style we are trying to go for. I call it Rustic Farmhouse. And I found the chicken and cow pillows at HomeGoods. They are the perfect fit! 


The green fabric I found is really durable feeling. I almost feel like it is outdoor fabric. But I am hoping that it will soften up a little after a few washes. I'm sure they will need to be washed, so no problems there!

 Of course my favorite ones are the purple and cream ones. Such a pretty pattern and shade of lavender!

 This picture makes the green pillows look much darker than they actually are.


Our couch cover is still holding up really well. I am rather impressed. It has been really nice to be able to take off the individual pieces and throw them in the wash if there is ever a spill. And I hate to admit it, but there have been a lot more spills made by adults than children!





That's all for today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! This weekend is our big Hops Fest weekend, so I will be beer tasting, cheese fondue eating and will bring back loads of freshly picked apples from the orchards! Its one of my favorite things that we do every Fall.


0 comments:

Post a Comment