Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Faux Lambskin

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good week.
I have a super easy and fun tutorial for you today. DIY faux fur lambskins! Just in time for the weather to change. As you all know, I love fur. Pretty much any kind of fur as long as it's pretty and fluffy. Dead or alive. "I wuv it!", as Peanut would say. I always wanted one of those gorgeous lambskins that you see in Pottery Barn or IKEA, but they are just too darn expensive (Plus you know, I want like 5). I decided I needed some, so what did I do? I went out and bought some faux fur and made my own! All you need is some white fur (I bought a yard, which made 2) and some scissors. Here we go.

Step 1. Lay out your fur.
I recommend doing this on carpet, so that you can just vacuum up the excess fur when you're done. And there will be lots....so be warned!


Step 2. Cut outline of one side of sheeps fur. I just googled "lambskin" and found lots of different shapes to follow.

Step 3. Fold in half and follow the cuts from the opposite side.

Step 4. Trim any excess pieces that don't look right until you have the shape you like.

There you go. You have your very own faux lambskin! Now, if you wanted to make this thicker, you could cut out 2 and then sew them together. Or to make it even thicker, you could add batting in the middle. I was too lazy for all that work, so I just left mine as is.

And someone was quite happy with it that way. Ugh, she is getting so big it makes me want to cry.

Repeat if you want more than one. 

Place on beds, couches, chairs, or any space that needs a little cozy-ness.




That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed. Have a great rest of your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment