Monday, September 29, 2014

Early Fall Decor

Good morning friends! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It's finally starting to feel like Fall around here and I love it! Thank goodness for the new crispness in the air and the leaves turning their gorgeous Fall colors. It's so exciting and inspiring. After seeing many bloggers showing off their beautiful homes all decorated for Fall, (and you can start touring some of my favorites here) it inspired me to have my very own Fall home tour! So here it is. Hope it gets you in the mood for Fall decorating!

Our kitchen. You may notice in this post I have been trying REALLY hard to perfect my vignette assembling skills. The results are still up for debate... I've seen how it is effortless for some people, but I am not one of those people. I have a really hard time with it. So I have been practising. 
I was able to cut some of the last hydrangea blooms from our front yard before the weather changed. I have seen quite a few people with dried hydrangeas and I love the rustic look of them so much. So when I clipped these, I didn't even put them in water. So far they have been holding up great.


A new chalkboard sign in the kitchen from World Market! So excited about it. It's been really fun to change out phrases and I love that I can change it to fit the seasons. Sometimes just a written recipe can be all it needs for a cute little touch.



I love this tea towel I got while we were on vacation this Summer. It's very true. A cup of tea with friends has some serious healing powers.

My strawberry tablecloth is probably as little too Summer-y, but I just love it so much. I'll have to make a new tablecloth or runner that is a little more Fall. But see! Another vignette. I'm trying!



Our entryway hutch. I added a boxwood wreath to the old window frame to make the whole area more "farmhouse-y" and bring in a little color. I am pretty excited about it, because I think I should be able to use it for a lot of seasons and holidays. It will be perfect for Christmas!

Then some more vignette styling. I'm pretty proud of my stack of books with the pumpkin and the pussywillow vase.





The dining room. Our table isn't finished yet (my husband built it!!!). It is still waiting to be stained, but I decided to do a little tablescape anyway. I am hoping we can have it finished before Thanksgiving. It will be so fun to finally have a real table in here.

I hung some simple cardstock leaf cutouts from the chandelier with some ribbon. It was perfect, the leaves came in grey and they went so great with the neutral theme I was going for, I didn't have to paint them or anything.

I didn't really want to show too much of the dining room, as it is one of my project rooms right now. So I am waiting to show you for the big reveal. No promises when it will be finished, but as I said, I hope it will be done before Thanksgiving!

 The time out chair needed a little pumpkin love. Hopefully we won't have to move it....


A closeup of the leaves in the chandelier.

Our front entryway. I added a vase with flowers to our little mirror/coat rack and a picture of Princess at her first ballet recital. I'm experimenting with fun things to put in there.

Our mantle has come a long way since it's first days. It's another place that I have struggled to get "just right". It has a very big surprise piece coming soon that will make it perfectly complete. Shhh! I'm not telling. Stay tuned!
 
Sweet little white pumpkins scattered throughout. I love how they add a touch of Fall in a simple way that doesn't clash with all the colors in the house.

I got this faux cotton at Micheal's and I am obsessed with it! It looks so real and its so pretty!


The little nook where our TV used to be. I have yet to show you what replaced our old one. I will get to that post eventually. Hopefully!

My favorite Fall addition to this nook is the antlers I got from World Market. I love them so much! I want them all over the house. So interesting and fun. We picked up the painting at an antique store in southern Washington and I am so in love. The colors were meant for this room. I never get bored of looking at it either. I guess that means it was meant to be.

And of course the new Fall wreath that I made the other day. It makes the perfect entrance to our newly decorated Fall home.


A sweet little Autumn phrase.

That's it for my Fall home tour. I finished just in time to start pulling Halloween stuff out!



No comments:

Post a Comment