Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mossy Table Numbers

My baby sister is getting married this Summer. Wait, let me rephrase that, MY BABY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED THIS SUMMER! YAY! So we have been busy getting all the details in order for the big day. I loved planning my wedding, so I was so excited when she asked me to help her with hers. Its so fun! I think I should have been a wedding planner or a party planner....I already do it anyway! Lately we have been working on all the details. You know, those special touches that people don't think about but they notice when they see them. I love these table numbers because they are so whimsical and they can be used for a variety of wedding themes. Garden, Fairytale, Springtime, Woodland, Natural. If you are having any big parties this Spring or Summer they would be a great addition. And they are just so pretty! Here's the how to:

You will need:
Wooden numbers
Scissors
Hot Glue
Moss Sheets (I tried using loose moss first and it would have taken WAY too long. The sheets are best)


1. Using your number as the stencil, cut out the shape of the number in the moss sheet.

2. Then flip the number over and repeat with the opposite side. You do this because you will want both sides of the number covered.

You should have 2 mirror image "2's". Like so.

3. Get your hot glue gun warmed up and glue all over the number, sandwiching the wooden two in between the two mossy "2's".

4. Then you will have somewhat of an Oreo effect. Using your hot glue again, cover the sides of the number with extra moss. There will be plenty of loose moss that has fallen off of the sheets. Trust me.

5. When the number is completely covered, give your "2" a little trim to make it look nice and neat.

Voila! Now if you are doing this for a wedding, you only have like 20 more to go. Watch out for swampy moss hands and green boogers. No joke.

Isn't that darling? So romantic.


No comments:

Post a Comment