Friday, August 16, 2013

Home Pedicures

Happy Friday everyone! I hope some of you have had the chance to try out some of the beauty recipes this week to treat yourself! I did the Honey Cream Bath Soak from yesterday's post and it was so nice. I think I need to make a date for myself every week to have a bath. It is so healing and relaxing. Almost as good as a glass of wine......almost.....definitely better when the two are combined! Plus some candles and music? Ummm yeah. Total heaven.

Today's Beauty DIY is for......your feet!

Home Pedicures
This treatment can be done on yourself but is much more effective if someone does it for you or if you do it for someone else. A while back I told my husband I would give him a pedicure and haven't gotten to it since. And since then he has been asking about it Every. Single. Day. Note to self: If you don't plan on giving your husband a pedicure right when you think of it, don't mention it! Or else he will remind you and nag you about it every day!!! Anyway, I thought that DIY Beauty Week was the perfect time to finally hold up my promise and give him one. Maybe after I show him how to do it we'll switch! Here's to hoping anyway.

How to do an at home pedicure:

1. Fill a tub (large enough for 2 feet) with hot (but not boiling hot) water. Add Epsom salts and Lemon, Limes, Cucumber or Cranberry juice extract. All of these are great for removing dead skin cells. The salt will soften the skin. Soak feet for 10-15mins. If you want some aromatherapy add some chamomile, lavender, rose petals or mint leaves to the water.
2. Exfoliate with a pumice stone or brown sugar, cornmeal, or Epsom salt.
3. Rinse and soak again in refreshed hot water.
4. Moisturize feet and legs with Shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil. Any homemade lotion will work as well.
5. If desired (my husband wont ;) ), clean cuticles (a cuticle tool is needed) and then paint toes with a polish.
If you want to get really fancy (not that we aren't getting fancy already), you can do it like the salons and use hot wet towels or hot rocks. Be careful not to burn your subjects! You can also get on Pinterest to find fancy nail polish designs! Some are actually pretty do-able.

If you haven't had time to try out any of the recipes from this week yet, try them out this weekend and let me know how they went. Relax and enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment