Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Brooke's 10 Beautiful Finds Under $40 August

So I know I promised you one of these every month. Well, in all fairness I think I said, "Every month or so"......But I couldn't get enough finds fast enough! Plus, I have been so busy with the party planning, road trip planning, crafting, etc. Okay, enough excuses. Here are your beautiful finds for August.

1. Ballard Designs Tote Bags
Ballard Tote Bags
These tote bags are so classic and such a great Summer bag. I love that you can personalize them with your initials, name or even an icon. The largest one is $32.

2. Fashion Fairytale Memoirs
christian lacroix and the tale of sleeping beauty - Chasing Fireflies
These are my favorite finds of the month by far. They are fairy tales mixed with the stories of famous designers. There are 3 different ones: Christian Lacroix and the Sleeping Beauty, Diane Von Furstenberg and the Empress's New Clothes and Manolo Blahnik and the Elves of the Shoemaker. I mean come on! Children's books mixing two of my favorite things (fairy tales and fashion) in one book! I want all three! For myself! $22.00 each.

3. The Homemade Pantry
The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making by Alana Chernila,http://www.amazon.com/dp/030788726X/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_Lhcasb08M8AC3CRF
I found this book in a cute little boutique when we were down in Oregon a few months ago and I could barely hold myself back from buying it. Amazon always has books for cheaper, so always wait to check their price first! This woman is amazing and shows you how you can MAKE pretty much anything you need on your regular trips to the grocery store. I love that it enables you to become more self reliant in the kitchen and less dependent on processed foods! $14.86 on Amazon.com

4. Travel Journal from The Recycled Library on Etsy.com
Travel Journal  San Francisco by therecycledlibrary on Etsy, $29.00
I know I showed these to you a while ago back when I made my Travel Journal, but I had to showcase them once again. They are just so cute! This shop recycles old maps and paper to make all of their journals and they can customize too! $30

5. Disney's Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid (Three-Disc Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy + Music) Blu-ray ~ Jodi Benson, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036TGT2A/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_Djcasb15537HE
Yes my friends, it is going to be re-released again very soon and Disney only releases their movies once every million years (otherwise they can run up to $50-$70 when they are not out). We are working on building our Disney collection for our girls and this one is a must! You can pre-order one now on Amazon for $34.00

6. Container Store Glasslock Food Storage Containers
Glasslock® Squares
I'm working on phasing out all of the plastic we have in the kitchen and this is one of the things that I want to replace most. I am always too lazy and microwave leftovers in our plastic food containers, but it is SO bad for you! Chemicals literally leach into the food you eat causing all kinds of health problems. It is safe to heat up glass and it won't do this to your food, so I want to start replacing all my tupperware soon! These come in circles, rectangles and squares. $6.00-$10.00 Container Store.

7. Seattle Onesie, Landofnod.com
Maptote One-Piece (Seattle)  | LandOfNod
I'm sorry, but this is just too cute! I found it while shopping at Landofnod.com one day and fell in love. I totally want one for Peanut! It comes in different cities as well. $26.00

8. Toddler Sheet Set
1001 Good Nights Toddler Sheet Set  | LandOfNod
Princess just recently turned 3 and we decided that for her birthday we would take down one side of her crib so that she could be in a "big girl" toddler bed and as a special treat I wanted to buy her some new sheets. But the only thing that sucks about having the 3 in one crib, is that no one makes a full set of sheets for the crib size! Except Land Of Nod. They have several different options including this adorable set. $24.95 (Most other sets are $39.00)

9. Zoya Nail polish
Zoya-Nail-Polish-Wednesday-ZP619-Banner Image-Large Image
As everyone knows, I am obsessed with the Robin's Egg Blue color. It may be a little more "Spring-y" than "Summer-y", but oh well. I like it! Zoya is one of my go-to brands for nail polish because they are all formaldehyde free. $8.00

10. Method Spray Fabric Softener

This is not as "green" as I would like it to be, but I have been needing my laundry to smell good for so long that I finally caved and bought this in the Lavender-Lilac. It is so cool, because you just spray your wet laundry a couple times in the dryer and it activates as soon as it gets warm in the dryer. I'm loving the way my laundry is smelling. $6.49 on soap.com

Happy shopping!

1 comment: